17 February 2006

Quickie..

I am finished with the Fair Isle portion of Fair Isle 101. I'll snap some pictures later and get them up. It's a bit puckery, but I think blocking will get rid of most of it. At the moment, I'm more concerned about the "seam" where all the color changes happened because it looks sloppy. Here's hoping weaving in the ends after blocking will tighten it up enough.

Worked from home yesterday because we got something around 8 inches of snow, at least 6 of which fell between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The roads were bad enough after the first 2 when we tried to drive in that we turned around half way to campus and headed home figuring they were only going to get far worse as the day progressed. All in all, though, it made for a lovely productive little day and I knocked off several things that had been looming. There are still things looming, but fewer of them and a couple hours today and a couple more over the weekend will hopefully knock those down as well.

I just realized that my lunch meeting (wherein a colleague working on her master's degree is buying me lunch in exchange for stats help re ANOVAs) rescheduling to Monday (due to a 3-year-old with the stomach flu - poor thing!) means I am suddenly without lunch. *sigh* Campus options are not all that exciting, but Jack will have the car so I can't really go out. Guess I'm going to order something in and hope they find my office in the maze of this building.

No comments: