01 August 2006

More motivation..

*sigh*

Turns out that I don't have quite all the needles I need to start either holiday project. Or rather, I do have the needles for one, but I'm using one.. it's currently tied up in the Candle Flame Shawl. And since I'm far too lazy to want to put 80 some stitches in fingering weight yarn on a holding needle or (worse) yarn, I've decided I need to just buckle down and finish it.

So far, I have about 2 and a half pattern repeats (which are 36 rows long) left, plus a couple inches of garter. And I've decided that if I *ever* do another lacework wrap, it will have shorter repeats that are easier to memorize. 36 rows is just outside my comfortable memory. I have most of it down (finally.. only took the better part of 11 and a half repeats), but the transition points I still need the pattern for. I imagine this must be similar to how Grumperina feels about Mountainash.

But, since we're hiding out upstairs so we can guiltily benefit from the dehumidifying action of the air conditioner, we're enjoying listening to Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen compliments of Audible.com and since I can't seem to multi-task on the computer while listening to audio books, it should only take another day or two to finish. And then it will get added to the needs-to-be-blocked pile with Rogue.

1 comment:

Miri Mack said...

36 row repeats is so far out of my league for memorizing I don't know how anyone could manage it. I'm sure it will be lovely.

I wish I had a blocking pile and not a need to finish pile!