30 October 2005

Grr..

It's been a morning of not finding things. It started with my US10.5 double pointed needles. I'm missing 2. I know *why*, or at least *when* I last had them.. I was finishing a pair of Fuzzy Feet but didn't have a darning needles, so I had the last two double points still in the slippers. I remember even getting the darning needle - it was in June because I'd accidentally left my little knitbitskit in the dressing room at Rae's wedding and she and Brian were still on their honeymoon so she hadn't had a chance to send it back to me. And I have the darning needle. And the finished slippers. But no sign of the two missing knitting needles. It's not the end of the world - I have 3 of the 5 and a 10.5 circ, so I can make do - but it annoys me to be missing part of a set.

So, in order to let my frustration cool, I decided it was time to carve the pumpkin. Got it all cleaned out and while Jack was making it a jack-o-lantern, I thought I would start a batch of mom's pumpkin bread (I usually use canned pumpkin, and will for this batch, but might, assuming the jack-o-lantern survives tomorrow, make another batch with "real" pumpkin later this week). Except that now I can't find the recipe. And mom and dad are at the cabin this weekend and my sister's not home (pr'bly at church now that I stop to think about it), so I can't get it quickly.

*sigh* I think the world is trying to tell me to just go back to bed.

No comments: