05 October 2006

Did he really just say that?

Excerpt from an interview on All Things Considered aired October 4, 2006:

Paul Weyrich, chairman & CEO, Free Congress Foundation: "Here is the real problem: It has been known for many years that Congressman Foley was a homosexual. Homosexuals tend to be preoccupied with sex. The idea that he should be continued .. or should have been continued as Chairman of the Committee of Missing & Exploited Children is - you know, given their knowledge of that - is just outrageous."

Michele Norris: "Now before you go on, I think I can say Mr. Weyrich, that there are a few people who would take exception to the statement that homosexuals are preoccupied with sex."

Weyrich: "Well, I don't care whether they take exception to it; it happens to be true. I mean, uh.."

Norris: "That is your opinion.."

Weyrich: "Well it's not my opinion, it's the opinion of many psychologists & psychiatrists that have to deal with them."

Outrage doesn't even begin to express..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the spin. It's....I'm speechless. I know. And the worst is that Michele Norris is like the only journalist who's not just letting that shit pass: http://thinkprogress.org/2006/10/05/couric-gay/

Thanks, Katie.

Excuse me while I scream.