17 September 2006

Where have you been?

So, can you tell the school year's started? I certainly can! Sorry to have been so scarce, but working 10-12 hour days means that about the last thing I want to do when I get home is look at a computer screen.

Unfortunately, I've also not been terribly motivated to knit or spin. But I have made some progress on holiday projects - the superwash merino is almost finished, mom's Panobo wrap is similarly progressing - and ordered yarn for several more. Progress has been somewhat hampered this weekend by the head cold that seems to have taken up residence in my sinuses. It's better today, but I'm still feeling a bit drained (or maybe.. not.. ?).

I swatched yesterday for the Breton jacket in the Rowan River Tape and decided that it's simply not the right yarn for that project. And while I originally thought I'd just find a different yarn if that happened, I'm now starting to think that maybe I can find a different project for the yarn. It's really a rather interesting yarn and I think it would break up some of what will undoubtedly become monotony of working several items in similar weight wool and wool blends. And if there's enough left over, I might see about making the Mikado ribbon gloves.

No comments: