01 April 2007

Stairs.

Before:



This is the best shot I have of the stairs before we started doing any remodeling. This is actually from the day we closed on the house and I wasn't really focused on getting great shots of the stairs from the top, but you can at least sort of see what they had in for carpet on the stairs.

After:



The left shot is the three steps from the landing to the upstairs hall; the middle is the main staircase from the top; the right is the main staircase from the bottom. Folks who make carpet runners for stairs are tricksy - see how the pattern lines up on each step? It's kind of neat, but totally unplanned on our part!

And this is what Jali thinks of all this remodeling nonsense:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new runner on stairs. I can't wait to see how everything works together.

Poor little pig. She doesn't handle stress well.

Anonymous said...

That looks great! I love it.

-elliesam

Katura said...

Hi Teej!
Thanks for commenting on my blog!
I actually knit left handed and through the back loop because I taught myself to knit. I just did it the way that felt right and ended up with the right stitch. I didn't learn that I was knitting "wrong" until I had been knitting almost two years! I have to adjust patterns and stitches a lot and that can be hard. I think it is an advantage to knit like everyone else but I think it is more important to knit at all! so if you are far more comfortable knitting left handed than go for it! I have learned to knit right handed to teach and to cast on for somethings but I only do that when I have to. I don't enjoy the proses when I feel off balance and I tend to forget which way I am going! I try to find a happy medium. For my leaf sweater I had to knit the neck back wards, and then brake the yarn and go forwards at the end of the rib so that I had the button on the correct side. It can be crazy but I guess I enjoy the challenge and the satisfaction of getting it right.

I love your new runner!